High Performance Academy (HPA)
At The Park Academies Trust every student is supported to successfully achieve their first choice Post 18 Destination. In September 2017 LPA Sixth Form will launch their High Performance Academy (HPA) to enable our students to achieve placements at the more selective universities (Oxbridge / the Russell Group) and Degree Apprenticeships with the UKs leading companies. The HPA programme is for all students with good academic records.
- A specialist Higher Achievers tutor group led by one of our HPA team.
- Dedicated Oxbridge co-ordinator – Oxbridge Applicants Booklet.
- Guidance and encouragement to apply including additional University visits in year 12 and opportunities to ask questions of University representatives.
- Sixth form alumni network of our many ex-students who have gone to Russell Group Universities.
- A parent briefing to help them to support you through the research and application process.
- A range of activities designed to develop your abilities to think critically.
- Preparation for application and selection processes including how to research University departments, introductions to aptitude tests and advice on presentations.
- Development of higher level academic skills, including use of journals and referencing, leading onto opportunities to undertake an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- EPQ visit to the University of Southampton with full access to their reference library.
- Opportunities to complete Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) accredited by Universities worldwide.
- Degree Apprenticeship programme to support students gaining placements within leading UK companies.
- Villiers Park Project – support from KS4 to sixth form and beyond for those from disadvantaged post codes to access higher education including subject support workshops.
Most HPA activities will take place during tutor time and PSHE lessons enabling students to still to take part in all other sixth form activities.
For further information please contact:
Oxbridge Co-Ordinator – Mr G Williams WilliamsG@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk
Degree Apprenticeship Co-Ordinator – Mr M Godley GodleyM@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk
Russell Group applications – Mr O Russell RussellO@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk